Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2, 2016 {part 1}

Zeke got his third dose of Decadron (steroid) about half an hour ago, and they weaned the pressure on his vent earlier this morning to 18/5. We're just waiting now for them to decide it's time. He'll still be on the vent with the same pressure, rate, and oxygen settings, but he'll have the nasal cannula instead of the et tube. If he's doing really well, they'll eventually wean him to cpap and then to just low-flow oxygen as needed. There's a chance he may need to be reintubated if he's having a hard time with the nasal cannula, but we're praying that he does well. This is a huge step, and we're really excited, but extremely nervous.


July 2
3660g (8lb 1oz)

No comments:

Post a Comment