Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 21, 2016

Ultrasound and Fresh Air

So I got a roommate on Saturday night. I ended up sleeping with earbuds in and music on so I couldn't hear her and her guests, and I kept my tv volume up fairly high pretty much all day Sunday because they were ridiculously loud and incredibly rude and inconsiderate. I finally couldn't take it anymore, and around 9pm I asked my nurse to move me - I didn't care if it was another shared room, I just couldn't be in that room anymore. She moved me next door, into another shared room until a private room is available. This new place is so much better!

I had an ultrasound this morning. Baby looks good, blood flow is great, but still no fluid.
Baby Austin
26 weeks 5 days

Other than that, no change. I'm still on constant monitoring for his heart rate and contractions, a pulse-ox on me, and I have the nifty calf compression things on. Nothing like being tethered to the bed with five different wires. They did take the IV out today, which was awesome. Hopefully I won't have to get another one.

I was able to get up, take a shower, blow dry my hair, and feel like a somewhat decent person today. It really does make a huge difference. Gary and the kids were able to come visit for a while tonight too. Dr. B is back, and gave me the OK to leave for 30 minutes. We went outside and sat in the courtyard, and the kids ran around and played while I enjoyed the fresh air and talked to Gary. Then we came inside and hung out, watching cartoons. I miss them so much.


Zoned out, watching Phineas and Ferb


I asked the dr about whether the lack of fluid is affecting the kidneys and bladder, and he said no. At this point, the kidneys don't work anyway - the placenta is what filters everything for the baby, so there's really no detriment to having no fluid, other than the fact that there's no cushion for the baby. All there is to do now is wait, hang out here, and let the little dude grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment