Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 18, 2016

Another day.

It's really only been 3 days. But it's already been 3 days. I can do this. I think. Maybe not. But I know I can, because I don't have a choice.

I had an ultrasound this morning. I think they'll be doing one every other day or so. It was just quick - check fluid levels and baby's heart rate, blood flow in the cord, that type of thing. Still no fluid, which is sucky. Dr B has said that hopefully next week there will be some sort of tiny pocket of fluid that he can get a needle into, so he can inject some saline so there's some sort of cushion around the baby, and we'll see how long that lasts. I'm trying to stay hydrated (they removed my IV yesterday), because that's really the only way to make any fluid, which is actually fairly unlikely at this point, but stranger things have happened.

I haven't had to have oxygen since Wednesday night. The baby's having a lot of what they call variables - quick heart rate decelerations that he's able to recover from on his own - but nothing major. Both of my Dr's have said that's normal for both a baby at 26 weeks, and a baby with no fluid. It's only scary if they last for a long time, or dip really low, like what happened Wednesday afternoon and early Thursday morning.

I'm still in a semi-private room, although with no roommate at this moment, waiting for a private room to open up so I can move into my new home. Watching a LOT of HGTV, scrolling facebook, trying not to shop online (I want to buy ALL the diapers!). Scrolling pinterest, finding projects to do when I'm out of here (yeah, right... with a newborn, a toddler, and two big kids? that's hilarious!), racking up lots of minutes on my phone, and making friends with the nurses. The hospital food isn't terrible, but we're only at day 3, so it hasn't had a chance to get too old yet. Snacks are always welcome!

I'm looking forward to Gary and the kids visiting tomorrow. We skyped tonight, and it was fun, but not the same as being able to squeeze them. Thank heaven for technology!


No comments:

Post a Comment